Saturday, July 21, 2007

Alice the Translator

To tell you the truth, I didn't think my Hebrew was good enough to translate short stories. Then Uri Meir, the guy who published his first book with me, said he thinks I should translate the first story of the collection to English.
I said my Hebrew was not good enough to understand what he wants, but he just kept insisting. He can be stubborn at times, let me tell you.
Then he said if I could do it for Jowan, I had to do it for him too, and there was nothing else I could say, so I translated 'The Smoke of Time'. You will find it in the post above this one. I hope you like it. Feel free to comment.

3 comments:

עליסה בארץ הפלאות said...

this is why I'm going to have to approve comments from now on...

جوان صفدي said...

hey, i read this one in hebrew. it's a cool one.
bring on more of it.
peace

جوان صفدي said...

hey, i read it in hebrew. a fine piece indeed.
bring on more of it.